– To build and develop collaborative working relationships between cultural groups in Cairns and the region.
– To support cultural groups to maintain and develop their heritage and practice cultural values.
– To coordinate and support multicultural activities.
– To promote awareness, understanding and appreciation of the value of culture within the community.
– To establish relationships and referral links with key service providers within the community and mainstream services including health, education, employment, housing, family and community services.
– To establish and strengthen links with local, state and federal governments.
CARMA aims to bring communities to work together to promote, preserve, share and embrace the diverse cultures of the region.
CARMA believes the key to the success of Australian Multiculturalism is inclusiveness. Every Australian benefits from our diversity. All Australian’s have a responsibility to be active and equal participants in Australian society, free to live their lives maintaining cultural values and practices.